Friday, January 20, 2006

A really true story..................

A real true story ..................
Body: Thursday Jan 19 2006

Last night I was updating the Crisco Fist web page on MYSPACE http://www.myspace.com/6517409
I changed the music and pics a bit and Good God was myspace being wonky or what....I was having problems with it all and then BINGO!!!...I got the last music file up. It was a bit of a chore but I finally had gotten up a snippet of a piece I called "Black Helicopters Over America". I was listening to the file to hear how it sounded on the page and I kept hearing a chopping sound. I could not figure out what was going on and I quickly realized that it was outside. I strained to look out my window into the sky. It was 6:48 am.

I went to the patio sliding glass door and took a more unobstructed view and in the slowly increasing light I saw the helicopter more clearly but the sound had changed, It was echoing. I then scanned the sky in the opposite direction and low and behold was another helicopter hovering above the Chicago skyline. It was further away and harder to see so I looked back at the closer one.

I live right next to an expressway and I thought that it may have been some disaster on the expressway that I couldn't see but it was sort of strange that the closest whirlybird had its ass-end to the highway. I don't know a shitload about news helicopters really but have seen plenty in the air before. I am ex-military (77-79 in the last century) and I have to say that this looked alot more substantial, Bulky,If you will, than the average news helicopter.

I decided to move outside to get a totally unobstructed view so I quickly went out my front door,In a towel no less. I stared up at the object and as the light from dawn was intensifying I was streaining to see the markings on the aircraft closest to me. I could find none what so ever. It made me feel queasy.

I continued to look up at the sky and was simultainiously struck with the thoughts A) You see what you want to see. B) It was really fucking strange and ironic to see and hear so loudly the black helicopter that I had just posted a song about. As the light continued to increase I tried to fight the weird paranoid feelings that were creeping into the edges of my thoughts.

The early morning rush-hour traffic was flowing a few feet away from me on the major avenue I live on and I was starting to feel self concious about being wrapped in a little towel in the line of sight of the commuters. I scrutinized the helicopter again and made certain that I could not see any markings.

I ambled back into the house and was surprised that others in the house were not awakened by the noise as it was low flying and actually very loud. I retired to my room and pulled the covers up and looked at my sleeping lover and again was overcome with an overwhwelming emotion,this was a profound sadness.

You see, This was so much like the infamous morning of 9/11, My lover sleeping and I sitting quietly on the bed by her side. That morning I watched the events unfold into its repetious looping mandala of of a burning tower. I didn't want to wake her then and I looked at her prone and pregnant form, So silent and and peaceful in slumber. I knew at that moment that the world my daughter was to grow up in was to be so different than the four decades I had lived through. A new world that was going to be alot less free. I knew that then at that moment with the utmost of certainty. I was so profoundly sad.

Now I am not claiming that the helicopters I saw were really the spooky,Hovering monoliths that are sighted with increasing frequency. No, But I am saying that the depths of despair that I felt were such a resounding echo of the powerlessness I had felt years before. If it was or was not a "Black Helicopter" matters little. The fact remains that we, As a nation in this world have been lied to, Manipulated, Robbed of vast amounts of tax monies and made to look vile and evil in the face of the rest of the world while allowing a truely evil man govern our nation, Bankrupting it financially and spiritually as he and his friends and family "laugh all the way to the bank".

All of this flooded back to me as I struggled to sleep and felt so powerless to change anything about the world that my daughter, in the next room is growing up in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home