Thursday, June 21, 2007

By this River and Reflections in the Dark Waters



Here we are
Stuck by this river,
You and I
Underneath a sky that's ever falling down, down, down
Ever falling down.

Through the day
As if on an ocean
Waiting here,
Always failing to remember why we came, came, came:
I wonder why we came.

You talk to me
as if from a distance
And I reply
With impressions chosen from another time, time, time,
From another time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to share this...

I wrote a bit about this being Isabella's lullabye for some years now but I thought I might add that it is no small bit of Irony that when we "landed" in our new "home" we found ourselves living next to a river in a charmless little town. No less ironic is the fact that Isabella's mother on more than one ocasion had said to me that the song was really somewhat depressing. How odd that she was the one to drive away from this landscape and could have seen the river behind her waving daughter.

"Did you have a good life, enough to base a movie on?" -Jim Morrison


With that thought in mind I would have to say Yes! and this would be an unavoidable portion of the soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home